Vintage and Rare MJ


I was jamming on some old Michael Jackson songs and I listen to at least a couple MJ songs a dady, whether it be from his time from the Jackson 5 with his brothers, or his solo career. I came across with song, Push Me Away from the Jacksons and their Destiny album, which was released in 1978. This was a year before Michael, released his solo and amazing debut album, Off the Wall in 1979. Below, is a video, of Jackson's solo performance of the song on Soul Train with the late great Don Cornelius. MJ speaks about his acting on the film, The Wiz, with Diana Ross, the Destiny album and inklings of his future with the Jacksons and his own future.  Songs like this, remind me of how great of a singer Michael really was. We as fans can get caught up in his spectacular performances, his popular hits and even his controversies as a celebrity. But this song, reminds of how special of a talent Michael Jackson was. I  cannot believe it has almost been 8 years since his passing and I remember where I was and when I heard the news when he passed.  However, we have his music to carry us on.




Check out the vintage video and groove along to the soulful cut.  One Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drizzy Drake's God's Plan

Artist Spotlight: Goldlink

Black Panther Review