Old School Slow Jams

Well folks, it's spring time and that means new beginnings, new romance, nice weather and everyone is in a more jovial spirit. However, its 2017 and the pop music scene, especially the r/b scene isn't the same as it was in the 80s and 90s. There were a lot of slow jams and groovy beats to accompany the spring time weather. I've decided to put together a list of some good throwback old school r/b for you all to check out and reminisce. Maybe hopefully slow jams will come around in 2017.


You Are My Lady - Freddie Jackson (1985)

Although this was a decade before my birth, I was introduced to this classic song through family. This is was definitely a wedding song and a song that you can slow wind with your loved one on the dance-floor.






Tonight- Ready for the World ( 1985)

Now this song doesn't have many soulful lyrics, but it has that soulful mood and I love the base guitar on this song. The song is definitely sensual and defentiely want to play this one on a special occasion with a lover.









You Should Be Mine- Jeffery Osborne ( 1986)

This one is another classic and I grew fond of this song over the years. Most of you will recognize this one with the " woo woo" chorus. Some even call it the " woo woo" song.You are sure to "woo" your partner when you play this jam.

  

Pretty Brown Eyes- Mint Condition ( 1991) 
Now, let's fast forward a bit into the '90s and check out this smooth and silky cut. This one is a mega hit and has an amazing sax solo. I used to play sax and this song kinda makes me want to learn to play all over again.  

 
All I Do Is Think of You - Troop ( 1990) 
This group was short-lived in the 90s but this hit will always keep them in business. This jam has amazing vocals , riffs, and melodic as can be.  Check this one out and you'll know what I'm talking about.  



Here's a couple of jams that will make you reminisce and put you in a good mood. These songs will never be out of style and I wish r/b was like this. MAKE R/B GREAT AGAIN!  Enjoy

Also, follow me on twitter @PopCulture514
Follow me on facebook: www.facebook.com/PopCultureChronicles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drizzy Drake's God's Plan

Artist Spotlight: Goldlink

Black Panther Review